Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

What is the radio code for my 1999 s70 volvo

Customer Question

what is the radio code for my 1999 s70 volvo
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help you with your question. What is your VIN?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yv1ls55a8x2601199
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

The radio code for the original radio for that car is 4335.

If it says "CODE", you can enter it now.

If it says "OFF", the radio has been locked due to an incorrect code being entered three times. To unlock it, you will need to leave the key in position one with the radio on (it will say "OFF" but its actually on) for approximately 2.5 hours. After that, it will again say "CODE" and you can enter the code.

Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience: One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this code is incorrect. We tried it 3 times after it showed CODE. Please help.
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Okay, that means the radio has been replaced. I will opt out and forward this to an expert who can look up the code using the serial number. Can you pull out the radio and write down all the numbers on the top of it for him and post them here? Or take a picture and upload it here?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do you pull out the radio? It's built in.
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

There are two pop out pull tabs, one on either side of the radio. You need to push them in slightly with a coin or key and they will spring out. Then you pull them and the radio slides out.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay did it. Thank you, I had no idea the radio could be pulled out like that. The Serial number is: VO1860 W 3231297F.
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Okay, I have sent this to the other expert. He is not online right now but he should be able to help you when he gets the message. His name is Enes. I apologize for the inconvenience, but the only codes I can look up are the ones for the original radio.
Expert:  Enes replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need. i need best picture of radio lable can you slide radio write all number or take picture so i can work on your radio code
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
The number is VO1860 W 3231297F
Expert:  Enes replied 5 years ago.
radio codes is 2615
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Did you get a chance to try the code Enes provided?