Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

VOlvo v70: message start prevented try again This

tried to start my VOlvo v70 2005 and got message "start prevented try again" This has never happened-any thoughts. need help now
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help you with your question. This is a problem related to the immobilizer. First, which I assume you already tried, remove the key, reinsert it into the ignition and try to start the car. If you have another key, try the other key. If it starts with the other key, the problem is with the key and it will need to be replaced. If it doesn't start with either key, the problem is most likely with the antenna ring, which reads the keys.