Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

How much should a 60,000 mile service cost for a S60 2.

Customer Question

how much should a 60,000 mile service cost for a S60 2.5 T AWD awd cost
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

Andy :

Hello

Andy :

Not evey place does the same thing with a 60,000 mile service, so prices may vary. You'll need to compare what services are included. The services that are due are changing the oil and oil filter, rotating the tires, changing the cabin air filter and replacing the engine spark plugs. Some places recommend the serpentine belt and fuel filter with the 60k even though they are not due until 105,000 miles

Andy :

Some places will also recommend flushing the brake fluid and coolant. You would probably come out cheaper just taking it in to have the oil changed, cabin filter changed and spark plugs changed. Have them check the tires to see if they need to be rotated and check the coolant and brake fluid as well

Andy :

An oil change will run $35-$50, cabin filter $85-$115, spark plugs $200-$230

Andy :

These are dealer prices with OEM parts

Customer :

this does me no good; why should service vary when the volvo owners service schedule is very specific

Andy :

Unfortunately, thats how it is. Services have varied over the course of time. So while spark plugs were due at 30,000 miles on the 850, they are due at 60,000 on 2004+ models and now 75,000 on some. Dealerships want to have set pricing across the board so it isn't always accurate

Andy :

You can go to the dealership and pay $500+ for a 60k service, but really you'd be better off doing the oil change, spark plugs, cabin filter for less and having them check the rest and tell you what it needs.

Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.