Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1

Volvo XC90 V8 How to reset Volvo 2007 XC90 maintenance service

Customer Question

How to reset Volvo 2007 XC90 maintenance service message?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
To reset the service light, first turn the key to position one. Within one second, press and hold the trip reset button. Continue to hold the reset button and quickly turn to position two. Hold until the orange triangle flashes, then release the reset button. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tried several times but doesn't work. I did not even see the orange triangle flashes.
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
The timing can be tricky. You have to switch from position one to two almost right after pressing the reset button. If that doesn't work, I've had some that worked by turning to position one, holding the trip reset button until the trip mileage resets to zero, then going to position two while continuing to hold the reset button. This is the only way to reset it without a dealership computer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
After I switch to position two for a second, I hear a beep sound. Is that normal?
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
You are supposed to switch to position two and leave it in position two while continuing to hold the reset button, not just for a second.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The beep sound came out while I still hold the reset button.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have tried a lot of times. Still failed to clear the message.
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
The procedure above is the only way. Just to be sure, what exactly is the message you are trying to reset?