Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

What p1672 manufacturer specific code means?

What p1672 manufacturer specific code means? Its a volvo S70 year 2000 my car didnt pass the emission test and thats the code they give to check my volvo with the mechanic
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

Are any other warning lights on? Is the vehicle experiencing any driveability problems?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The only light on is the one that said check engine and sometimes the car shake a little
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
Is it turbo or non turbo?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
non turbo
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
non turbo I start asking at 7 45 in the morning and you are not giving me the answer that im expecting you just ask another question after one hour and a half lf you don't know the ansuer just tell me I can't be waiting all day, for that its better to go to the dealer. How you expect me to pay for something that i didn't get?
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
I apologize for the delay but I need to make sure I have all the information so I can give you an accurate answer. The code means something different for a turbo model.

Your car uses a system called Continuously Variable Valve Timing which uses oil pressure to change cam timing based on engine load. Because it runs on oil pressure, clean and full oil is critical to the operation of the system. Does the engine tick excessively when running? If so, the seals in the oil pan can be bad, causing air to enter the oil system. This disrupts the operation of the CVVT system. If the oil is full and clean and the engine isn't ticking, there are two likely causes. First is the camshaft reset valve, which controls operation of the CVVT function. It is on top of the head right by the cam gears. Its about $340 installed. The other possibility is a bad CVVT hub, which bolts to the camshaft. This is much more expensive of a job because special tools are required to replace it. It runs about $800 installed. The timing belt comes off to do this job, so if it hasn't been done in a while, you might consider replacing it at the same time.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience: One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
Did you have any other questions?