Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

How do i reset the service soon light on a 2008 volvo s80

how do i reset the service soon light on a 2008 volvo s80

To reset the service light, first put the key into the ignition. Press the start button and release it. Press and hold the trip reset button and within a second, press and hold the start button. Keep holding until the amber triangle flashes and the light is reset. Of course, do all of this without putting your foot on the brake because that will cause the car to start. Let me know if you have any other questions.
I saw your other post about the procedure not working. You can still reply to this question thread, no need to open a new question.

The process can be a little tricky with the timing. It all needs to be done pretty quickly. Try it again, and right after you start holding the reset button, press and hold the start button.

We are slow at work, I will try and take a video clip of the process for you this afternoon of you can't get it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried again but the message on the screen won't go out
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Got it I was holding the odometer reset too long

Thanks