Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

master window switch..my 1999 v70xc..Driver side window rolled

Customer Question

The master window switch on my 1999 V70XC developed bad habits. Driver side window rolled down but not back up. I took the switch out and apart. By pushing the brass contact down, I got it to roll up. In the meantime, I ordered a new one. Not here yet.

I rolled the passenger side rear window down today along with the sunroof. Neither will go back up by either the old master switch, the sunroof switch, or the passenger side window switch. Checked all fuses, and they are good. Pulled the master switch out again and tried to manually operate the up contacts....no go. The master switch door lock does work so I do believe current is getting to the switch, but nothing else works on it.

I live at 7800 foot level in the Colorado Rockies so I really need the glass up and sunroof closed. Any ideas?

Mike [email protected]
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 6 years ago.

ENES :

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm gone try to help you find the help you need

ENES :

well all problem you have can from bad windowswitch now without new master switch it will be harder to find problem you can have other problem but until you put new window switch you cant do much you can try but you can make more damage to sunroof module it will loose postion lets to do this install new window switch and see how it goes if dont work i can send you wiring book for that car if that can help you ?

JACUSTOMER-88dp7w17- :

I already had figured that the new window switch would fix it. It hasn.t come yet, and my question is this.... can I get the window and sunroof closed manually while the window switch is in route?

ENES : You can when you jump sunroof Motor wires but problems when you do that problem people who done it sun roof moduel goes bad what cost around $300 you can try it but I would not recommend you better tape it. But is up to you