Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

VOLVO S40: FAULT CODE..MANAGEMENT LIGHT..BOOST..LOOSE REVS

VOLVO S40 2.0 DIESEL YEAR 2005 FAULT CODE P120E IS COMING UP NO MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON SOME TIMES THROTTLE NOT RESPONDING RIGHT ESPECIALLY WHEN UNDER BOOST CAN SEEM TO LOOSE REVS AND AT GEAR CHANGING MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS THROTTLE RESPONSE SENSOR BUT DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 6 years ago.

ENES : How many miles on the car ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
95,000 miles
Expert:  Enes replied 6 years ago.

ok that code what you have i do see for no throttle response but what i need from you to use volvo dealer scanner and tell me the error code that code P120E is like universal code it tells me there is problem but not what part is failed due to is not specific fault code what part has failed can you get me the code and i will tell you what to do also i can send you info how to change the part. most the time the throttle needs cleaning with that many miles but again it can be any part until you give the code from volvo it will start with ecm.......