Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.

Volvo V70 Sunroof glass broke, what is the repair estimate

Customer Question

Sunroof glass broke, what is the repair estimate? What is the least expensive way to fix?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.
Hello, the glass itself is very easy to replace... 4 screws hold it to the sunroof guides. If you'll put the sunroof in the vent position and remove the trim strips, you'll see the 4 torx bits that hold the roof to the glass. What I would do, is call around some local salvage yards and see if they have one off a wrecked car. If not you can try Eerie Volvo.. I know they'll have one, as that is one of the largest Volvo Salvage yards in the country. However, they'll have to ship it, which may run into a little money, since a sunroof is pretty good size and probably 20 lbs. Eerie Volvo is
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Appreciate your answer. Could you send me a link me to a diagram of this sunroof?
Expert:  Edward replied 5 years ago.
Hey, not at work right now, I can try tom. That glass just comes right out with those 4 screws though. Pop it up to vent, remove trim panels on each side and remove screws. Not hard at all. I assume you don't have a 0 insurance detuctible?? if something hit it might be covered.. Just throwing that out there in case you might be able to get it covered.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok sounds good.