Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Volvo V70 X/C AWD how to replace a heater core on a 2000 V70

how to replace a heater core on a 2000 V70 XC
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

below are directions:

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Drain the cooling system into a clean container for reuse.
  3. Using tools No.(NNN) NNN-NNNN disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core by pressing in the hose connections, squeezing the locking catches and pulling out the hoses. Discard the O-rings.
  4. At the driver-s side, remove the soundproofing panel-to-dashboard Torx 20 screw and the soundproofing panel.
  5. Open the glove box door; then, remove the 4 glove compartment-to-dashboard Torx 20 screws and the glove compartment.
  6. At the passenger-s side, remove the 2 soundproofing panel-to-dashboard screws and the soundproofing panel.
  7. At both the driver-s side and passenger-s side, remove the carpet supports.
  8. If equipped, remove the Road Traffic Information (RTI) control module bracket or booster bracket.
  9. If equipped, remove the knee bolster.
  10. Disconnect the drain hose and fold it out of the way.
  11. At both sides of the heater/air conditioning housing assembly, remove the heater core cover screws.
  12. Remove the heater housing pipe flange screw.
  13. Carefully, remove the heater core with the heater core cover.
  14. Remove the heater core from the cover.

15. Click image to see an enlarged view

Click image to see an enlarged view

Click image to see an enlarged view

Click image to see an enlarged view

Click image to see an enlarged view

To install:

1. Install the heater core to the cover.
  2. Carefully, install the heater core with the heater core cover.
  3. Install the heater housing pipe flange screw.
  4. At both sides of the heater/air conditioning housing assembly, install the heater core cover screws.
  5. Connect the drain hose.
  6. If equipped, install the knee bolster.
  7. If equipped, install the Road Traffic Information (RTI) control module bracket or booster bracket.
  8. At both the driver-s side and passenger-s side, install the carpet supports.
  9. At the passenger-s side, install the soundproofing panel and the 2 soundproofing panel-to-dashboard screws.
  10. Install the glove compartment and the 4 glove compartment-to-dashboard Torx 20 screws.
  11. At the driver-s side, install the soundproofing panel and the soundproofing panel-to-dashboard Torx 20 screw.
  12. Connect the heater hoses to the heater core by inserting the hoses, squeezing the locking catches and pressing in the hose connections.
  13. Refill the cooling system.
  14. Connect the negative battery cable.
  15. Operate the engine to normal operating temperatures; then, check the climate control operation and check for leaks.
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.
below are directions:

To install:

5. Connect the drain hose.
  13. Refill the cooling system.
  14. Connect the negative battery cable.