Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

I unlock my 2004 Volvo S80 with the keys in the car and it runing/

How do I unlock my 2004 Volvo S80 with the keys in the car and it runing/
the quick answer is that you can't. They are tough cars to break into with a slim jim. as they have a guard under the weatherstripping to prevent that. If you don't have a spare somewhere or a spare remote somewhere. You can try this. Get a wedge. I suggest a plastic wedge like the locksmiths use. However wood wedge will work. you want to go to the top of the drivers door frame and wedge the wedge between the B pillar of the car and the top of the door frame. it will give some. If your lucky you'll be able to poke a coat hanger between the drivers door and the body of the vehicle. Put a bend in the coat hanger and try to hook the lock. or fish it down and hit the unlock button. It's difficult no easy way around it. If your near the selling dealer they may be able to cut you one from the VIN number to open your car. Or call the locksmiths. They have some special tools that a specifically designed to get doors open.
good job. although screwdrivers can mess paint up so I didn't suggest that. Took me about 45 minutes to get in one while back. Your good! :) and thank you for the accept!