dramey
dramey, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  have worked on volvo's for 4 years and am a ase master mechanic. current shop foreman

Volvo V70 Xc Where is the PCV valve located on a 2001 V70

Where is the PCV valve located on a 2001 V70 XC ross Country wagon? Next, Volvo claims my crancase ventilation system is bad. I am experiencing oil from the front of the oil pan with no cracks in the pan. What might be a good fix short of 2+ thousand to repair it??
Category: Volvo
Expert:  dramey replied 3 years ago.

Hi there the pcv system is the flame trap assembly and this is located under the intake and the intake manifold does have to be removed and the box and seals and the hose that runs to the intake sometimes does have to be changed out. Now the parts are 200 dollars to 250 dollars depengine if the hose is needed going to the intake. and the labor is only 4 hours labor so the entire bill should only be 750 dollars. Bellow is a pic. of the flame trap but it is very important when this blows out oil to be changed out beacuse it is building crankcase pressure and seals can be blown out and this can get in the 1000's of dollars, Thank yougraphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey Doug,

You failed to tell me where the PCV is located on my car???? Because I have a 30 free trial, can a person with good knowledge of mechanics do this work??? I have been a mechanic long before you were born.

Expert:  dramey replied 3 years ago.
Hi there the pcv system is the flame trap assembly and this is located under the intake and the intake manifold. Yes someone who has good knowledge preform this repair, now the problem is there is a special tool to get to one of the bolts behind the alterntor/ a/c bracket this can be purchased from your volvo dealer it runs around 60 dollars, The flame trap is the pcv system there is no valve but just a oil seperator that is the box that is in the above pic.

Edited by dramey on 12/7/2010 at 7:28 PM EST
dramey, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: have worked on volvo's for 4 years and am a ase master mechanic. current shop foreman