Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo: V70..53 Plate) to be lhd headlights (..models

I'm looking at changing the headlights on my rhd volvo (V70, 53' Plate) to be lhd headlights (for moving abroad). While changing them I was thinking of upgrading to the 2004, Xenon (Clear Lense) headlights. Is this as straight forward as it seems, or are the looms different in the later models? Thanks Chris

hello

you can install the xenon upgrade kit here is the web link you will order from them this kit fits very good on volvo and will come with all the info you need to install i dont like xenon lights when you add it on they brake a lot and are expensive to fix later on. but if you like to have you can do it here is the link from what web page you can order and get info you need

http://www.xenonvalot.com/xenonfixvolvo.html

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have already replied to your answer. My question was: I'm looking to intsall original Volvo headlights, but want to use the newer (2004 onward) version, which seems to only be available with Xenon bulbs.
you can install it but you have to hot wire some wiring due to on 2004 and newer car controls go thru the car central module but you can install it to your question .

Edited by ENES on 11/9/2010 at 9:07 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What sort of hot wiring is required? Can you explain or describe what i need to do. I do have a Haynes manual to refer to if it's straight forward
it will be straight forward right just make sure the connectors gone be same count the wires on connector , what i was saying if you get active bi xenon what turn left and right by it self than you will need change or modifie a lot but if you getting regular bi xenon it will be just swap