Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

My front passenger door has a clicking noise, auto lock

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 6 years ago.

are you online

Customer :

No, obviously not. I didn't expect to have a real time contact. Is that helpful? We could make an appointment. I have a busy schedule and am not on-line constatly but we could make a connection if necessary.

Expert:  Enes replied 6 years ago.
we can talk today from 8pm-1opm ?if you like ?what is good for oyu the time we can talk ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry, I was gone at 10am and just got in at 6pm mountain time. Can we do it tomorrow between 8am and 11am mountain time? What time zone are you in? My number is XXXXX Will you call me? or give me your #?

Expert:  Enes replied 6 years ago.

i can't call you email you is web page rules . all comunication has to thru the web page but anyway we can talk and ask each other questions like this just post you question and i will answer it .

the noise you hear when you lock or unlock the door and hear clicking sound from that door that is the noise from the door lock motor gears going bad inside so to fix it you have to replace the door lock assembly for that door .

if you have more question just ask me

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If it is the door lock motor failing how does that affect the window operation and the outside temperature gauge on the dashboard? When the doors are opened and closed that sound is deeper and more solid. This clicking sounds more like a tick tick tick than a clunk, if that makes sense. I'm glad we're onto a lead. Thx

Expert:  Enes replied 6 years ago.
window problem can different problem or also related to the noise and outside temp sensor also is on the same door paasenger door has sensor in mirror for the temperature outside and they all go thru same wiring in same door . if you hear the noise when you open the door from handle than again that all noise is from one big part door lock motor and lock all comes in one unit they make noise when they go bad , now for windows problem if is on the same side right front it can be be siwitch on the door that part needs sometimes software to make it work and also the switch monitors the outside temperature sensor what you have to do when you replace the door lock all other parts window and switch will be exposed so it can tested at same time but the noise you have told me it sound like bad door lock motor for the noise problem

Edited by ENES on 10/14/2010 at 3:35 AM EST