Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

what would cause transmission fluid to burn. My car is still

what would cause transmission fluid to burn. My car is still under warranty and the dealer charged me to flush and replace the the fluid which burned and smelled terrible, but at the same time said there was nothing wrong with the trans. It is smelling and burning again. Thanks for you help.
Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Transmission/Transaxle fluid which is discolored (usually dark) and has an odor (similar to a musty, or electrical fire) smell. Means the trans is failing internally. The clutch material on the clutch plates is wearing off due to slippage thus causing the fluid to go over temp and burn and then get contaminated. The fix is removing and rebuilding and or replacing the trans,