Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

2005 Volvo v70 t5: alternator is tested..same fault..bonnet..relay box

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 Volvo V70 D5 the electrical charging system fault came on the dash Battery is fine and alternator is tested as working

Bought car in 2009 I have a printout that came with the car that states on 15/05/2007 the car had a electrical charging system fault which was repaired by Rybrook Volvo @£752.00, I think same fault has occured again.

Under the bonnet I can see the fuse relay box has a label on it which matches the date that the problem occured on in the above repair. The box looks like it was replaced as it looks newer then the rest of the engine components.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 7 years ago.
DO YOU HAVE THE GENERATOR TEST PRINT OUT ? HOW DID YOU TEST THE GENERATOR AGAIN AND WHAT WAS THE OUTPUT

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The car was taken to the macanics who called in a auto electrician he suggested to change the alternator.

The alternator was changed but still there is no charge going to the battery.

The electrician cannot find a fault.

When car is switched on there are no messages on the dashboard after about 2 minutes a message appears Electrical charging system failure come on and the battery light come on.