Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech- & Repair for 30 years.
1609972

how do you disengage the alarm system on a 1998 volvo s70

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 4 years ago.

By unlocking the car using the remote control.
By unlocking the car using the key in the driver's door (market dependent/programmable function). 2 times

OR

Emergency Starting / Over-Ride the car:
Can be used if the remote control has been lost or does not work and the alarm cannot be deactivated using the key (= function deselected).
Unlock the driver's door using the key and open the door.
The alarm goes off.
Wait until the alarm stops, about 25 seconds.
Start the car within 10 seconds of the alarm stopping.
The emergency start can be used seven times in a row. The function is then blocked and the alarm can only be deactivated using a working remote control.
The first time the emergency start is used the alarm must go off because of the open driver door'. The following 6 times the reason for the alarm can be any. The function is market dependent/programmable

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does this mean that i will only be able to start the car 7 times than it won,t start on the eighth try. I would like to disarm it completely.

Problem is the Alarm requires a Double Pulse from the Door Switch or Remote to DisArm
You will not be able to DisAble without extensive wiring around the Alarm Module to ByPass it, as a number of components go thru the Alarm Module
(lights, Ignition, Horn, Door Locks, etc.)

If you need further, please ask
If not, please click ACCEPT

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried what was suggested and I still can not get the car to start. I used the key and opened the door and the alarm went off. After waiting for the alarm to go off I tried to start the car and it does not start. I have tried many times to no avail. Do you have any other suggestions that may work. I really need to get this thing started. Thanks

Letting the Alarm "time out" does nothing, so your effort was useless.

The Alarm can also be DisArmed by:
Find the GREY/RED (-) wire , located at the Keyless Module, above the Hood Release, under driver dash
Splice one end of a piece of wire to the GREY/RED (-) wire
Touch the other end of the piece of wire to Ground - (chassis) 2 times.
That will DisArm Alarm.
If vehicle fails to DisArm, then the Alarm Module is defective, or a ground was not present.

It actually sounds like you have a starting problem that is "not" Alarm related
You need to verify Fuel Pump & Fuel Pump Pressure

The Alarm can also be DisArmed by:
That will DisArm Alarm.

If you need furtehr, please ask
If not, please click ACCEPT

Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience: Heavy Line Mech- & Repair for 30 years.