Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

volvo xc90 2007, transmission fluid flush, how much should

volvo xc90 2007, transmission fluid flush, how much should it cost? is there truth to being told around 40k the trans fluid deteriorates and that is why my chec k engine light is on?
Hello, how many miles are on this vehicle ?

Eddie Clayton
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
38000 roughly
OK, the good thing is, I believe your vehicle to still be under the manufacturer's 4/50 powertrain warranty.. I would ask your service writer if this car is still under the manufacturer's 4/50 warranty and inform him that the transmission concern does fall under the powertrain warranty and see if you can get that dealership to cover it. What they are probably going to say is it's a normal maintenance item. These XC 90 transmissions are are a very common problem. (if you google xc90 transmission problem you will see what i mean) First thing that Volvo recommends is Servicing the transmission and upgrading the software to alleviate the "Urgent Service" message. The problem is this service DOES NOT always fix the problem. Ask your service writer (nicely) what he will do if the light comes right back on in a week, because you've done some research and know this isn't a 100% guranteed fix. To answer your question this service cost around 350$ but could be a little more or less depending on your labor rate and where your located. You can also take a look at page 247 of your owners manual, at the bottom is an interesting piece of information on the transmission fluid service life.

http://www.volvocars.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Owners%20Area/Know/MY07/XC90/XC90_OwnersManual_MY07_EN_TP6090-web.pdf

Eddie Clayton

I HAVE DONE MY BEST TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, IF YOU AGREE PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT AND LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK.. THANK YOU!!
I'm sorry, the correct page is page 248 at the bottom!!!!!!