Replacing steering column cover
- Remove the ignition key.
- Lower and pull the steering wheel out as far as possible.
Removing steering column cover
- Undo the screws.
- Pull the lower cover loose and remove it.
- Fold up the upper cover.
- Remove the mounting for the apron molding by beginning unhooking from the side. Installation
- Locate the lower cover. Check that the seals for the stalks are correctly positioned.
- Position the upper cover. Press the apron molding into place. Begin pressing from the center.
- Place the upper cover on the lower cover guides. Press the lower cover into place. Check that the seals for the stalks are correctly positioned.
- Install the screws.
- Everything else is installed in reverse order.
|Note! ||A new start switch and bracket has been introduced into production. Start switch kit(NNN) NNN-NNNNshould be used for replacements from the following chassis numbers inclusive: |
C70 Coupe 12008
C70 Convertible 1705
Remove the steering column covers according to Replacing steering column cover
|Note! ||Do not remove the upper cover from the apron molding. |
Remove the screws and bracket
Release the start switch
Disconnect the connector. Installation
Install the connector on the start switch
Position the start switch on the steering wheel lock
Install the screws and bracket
Check the function
Install the steering column covers according to Replacing steering column cover