marc pod
marc pod, own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly 18 yrs exp/licensed adjuster
17579256

Volvo S70: I have located a used replacement from a junk yard

How do I remove and replace the Volvo S70 computer? I have located a used replacement from a junk yard.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  marc pod replied 4 years ago.
welcome to just answer. What year is the model?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1999 Volvo S70
Expert:  marc pod replied 4 years ago.

just need tlo make sure. Thanks here is the procedure.

REPLACING THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM)

Special Tools (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Points to observe when replacing the control module

Caution: The software can only be ordered when the control module is installed in the car. VADIS reads off the new control module identity. This is required so that the correct software can be ordered. The software can only be ordered when the control module is installed in the car.

Caution: Wait 2 minutes after the ignition has been switched off. The main relay must be voltage free before the control module can be removed from the car. If the engine Cooling Fan (FC) runs on after the ignition has been switched off, wait until it stops and then wait for a further 2 minutes.

Caution Always check that the control module and control module box connector pins and sleeves are not bent or damaged. This may have caused the fault.

Removing the control module

• Ignition off. Wait for 2 minutes
  • Remove the cover over the control module box. Put the cover to one side.

Note! Do not touch the control module terminal pins with your fingers. Static electricity may damage components in the control module.

• Insert tool(NNN) NNN-NNNNaround the control module
  • Move the upper section of the tool backwards as far as it will go. Pull up the tool
  • Carefully pull up the control module.

Installing the control module

• Check that no pins or sockets are damaged on the connector
  • Gently press the control module down into the grooves inside the control module box. Press to the limit position!
  • Move the upper section of the tool forwards as far as it will go. Pull the tool up
  • Press the cover into place over the control modules
  • Check that the air ducts are correctly positioned.

Ordering software
Refer to parts supplier:

Finishing
Check that no diagnostic trouble codes have been stored during the repair.
Test drive the car. Check that the function of the engine is OK.

marc pod, own collision repair advice
Experience: i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly 18 yrs exp/licensed adjuster