Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Hi, I am replacing heater core for my volvo s80. I cannot insert

Hi, I am replacing heater core for my volvo s80. I cannot insert the new heater code. I have removed brake light switch and forced to remove the old core (leaking). The bottom of the old core is damaged. Any one can help me? Do I need to remove the screw of the lower steering shaft? Thanks.
you have hard time to install new one in ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I forced to remove the old core. Then, I need to bend the bottom of the old one. Now, I am inserting the new core. I don't want to force it to damage it. I followed the manual, and push two pipes to the right side. Also, looked at instructions from http://www.fixya.com/cars/t594058-heater_core_leak_volvo_s80_2001_2_9l
Don't know why I cannot insert it. The the lower steering shaft blocks me to insert it. any ideas? Thanks!

well you can use slight force and it will go in but you can damage it easy if you dont know how much to push it but slight scrape on it is ok and safe but if you like better way than .

what you can do you remove lower steering shaft and also 4 bolts that hold the steering colum it will hold with 4 sccres and you move it to the side and you can move it the side and get more room

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, ENES. I am going to try to use slight force. If I failed, I will try the lower steering shaft and the 4 bolts. Thanks! -Justin.

thank you .

Edited by ENES on 11/27/2009 at 6:25 AM EST