Todd
Todd, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, 10 years experience in Volvo and European Highline Autos
10583679

how to reset volvo s80 immoblizer

how to reset volvo s80 immoblizer ?

Hello!

Are you having problems starting the car - or is the alarm going off and won't stop? Is there any particular reason you are asking this question?

Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The car doesn't start. The display window show "immobilized please see user manual".

I tried.
a) use different key.
b) reset by unlock and lock four to five times.
c) next day- recharged battery and it starts okay.
my question is--
What is proper way to dis-armed the immoblizer and restart the car?
what is long term fix?

Thanks.
Tom
HelloCustomer welcome to justanswer!

It sounds like you have a bad antenna ring. This is th epiece that is around the ignition switch that has the light in it. When these fail, the immobilizer cannot read the transponder inside the key. This is a very common problem.

There is not a method to disarm the immobilizer. You simply must have the right key and the car must be able to read the key.

This is a simple repair that Volvo shops do quite regulary. The cost in my shop is around $90 for the part and $80 for labor to install so you should be able to get it repaired for less than $200.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with

Thanks,

Todd

If you feel that I have answered your question, Please press "accept" and any amount of bonus is appreciated and positive feedback is appreciated. Thank you for choosing justanswer.com
Todd, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician, 10 years experience in Volvo and European Highline Autos