Chris, Technician
Experience:  20 Years Volvo experience, Based in Maine, Volvo certified Expert.

Replace the crankshaft position sensor on a 1998 S70 non turbo?

how do I replace the crankshaft position sensor on a 1998 S70 non turbo?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for your question....

This is relatively simple, and will require a 10mm socket (1/4" drive is best) a long extension (same size) and a ratchet to match.

If you find the torque mount coming from the firewall, to the highest part of the engine....stand at the drivers fender, with the wheel between your legs approximately. find the bolt, on the upper engine mount (torque mount) look straight down. You will see a small wire that looks to be coming out of the transmission. Remove the bolt, that holds it in. The sensor then pulls out, unplug the wires, and voila. installation is opposite of removal....

I hope this saves you some time, and if you have any further questions about this topic feel free to contact me back.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What does the torque mount look like? Will I have to search for it or is it evident?
Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.
It is VERY evident. if you stand where I directed it will be at the end of an arm protruding from the firewall to the top of the engine.