marc pod
marc pod, own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly 18 yrs exp/licensed adjuster

How to change transmission fluid in 2002 c70

how to change transmission fluid in 2002 c70
Category: Volvo
Expert:  marc pod replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to just anwer. Here is the procedure. If you need anything just let me know. If you accept this hit the green payment tab. Bonuses are always appreciated. Thank you.

Changing oil

Note! Oil grade: Only ATF oil, Volvo P/N(NNN) NNN-NNNN8 (1 liter containers) may be used.

Warning! Avoid skin contact with transmission fluid.

Conditions for changing
The oil should be replaced only in the two following instances:
Where Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) TCM 0042 and TCM 0046 are stored, in which case the diagnostic function activates the warning lamp in the following circumstances.
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) receives data about the operating temperature of the transmission fluid while the car is being driven. TCM 0042 is stored after an accumulated amount of time.
Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) TCM 0046 is stored if the transmission fluid temperatureexceeds 150°C for more than two minutes.
For cars in continuous taxi service and cars used to tow trailers extensively, oil should be changed at 75,000 km ±5,000 km service intervals. This is to conform to the regular service program.

Warning! The oil may be very hot if the car has just been driven. Avoid skin contact.

Draining
Remove:

• the splash guard under engine (certain versions)
  • the oil plug. Drain the transmission oil.

Installing the oil plug

Use a new gasket.
Tighten the plug to 40 Nm .
Install splash guard (certain variants).

Preparing to flush the transmission

Remove the battery and the battery shelf.
Remove the return hose on the control system cover.
Install a plastic plug in the connection on the cover.
Install a transparent plastic hose on the oil return hose connection.
Place a container beneath the hose to catch the oil.
Temporarily reinstall the battery shelf and the battery.

Filling with oil
Apply the parking brake. Move the gear selector lever to position P.
Fill with approximately 2 liters of oil.
Start the engine and let it idle.
Turn the engine off when air bubbles start to become visible in the hose.
Start the engine again and let it idle.
Remove the hose from the connection.
Install the return hose on transmission cover.
Install the battery shelf and the battery.

Further filling
Fill withapproximately 2 liters of oil.
Apply the parking brake.
Start the engine and let it idle. Move the gear selector through all the gear positions. Wait 4-5 seconds in each gear.

Checking the oil level
The capacity of the transmission is 7.1 ±0.1 liters . (MAX, MIN).

Note! After replacing the transmission, the adaptation and the "Transmission oil change" counter must be reset.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is there a dip stick? what kind of fluid do i use
Expert:  marc pod replied 4 years ago.

Only volvo and no there is not a dipstick.

Changing oil

Warning! Avoid skin contact with transmditions for changing

Draining
Remove:

Installing the oil plug

Use a new gasket.
Tighten the plug to 40 Nm .

Preparing to flush the transmission

Filling with oil
Start the engine and let it idle.
Start the engine again and let it idle.
Remove the hose from the connection.

Further filling
Fill withapproximately 2 liters of oil.
Apply the parking brake.

Checking the oil level
The capacity of the transmission is 7.1 ±0.1 liters . (MAX, M

marc pod, own collision repair advice
Experience: i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly 18 yrs exp/licensed adjuster