Ryank
Ryank, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 years working on Volvo,Saab,and VW. ASE Master,Volvo Master.Freon recovery certified.
11937633

The alarm on my Volvo V70 keeps going off.

The alarm on our Volvo V70 (2001) has developed a fault today. It goes off quite randomly whether the car is locked or not. Is there any way I can disable it. It is going to drive the neighbours (and us) up the wall.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ryank replied 7 years ago.

Yes there is away to disable the siren. If you open up the drivers door and look on the side of the dash you will see a panel that can be removed. Look for fuse number 29. It should be a 5 amp fuse orange in color. Remove the fuse and this will disable the siren from making any more noise.

Hopefully I have answered your question and you press the accept button. Please let me know if there anything else that I can assist you with.

Thank You Ryan K.