ROCKET, Mechanic

I have a 1998 Volvo V70 wagon that needs a fuel pump. I will

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Volvo V70 wagon that needs a fuel pump. I will do it myself, but need to know how to get access to the fuel pump and replace it.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  ROCKET replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JA

here are step by step instructions
hope this helps you

Expert:  ROCKET replied 7 years ago.
did this help you??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had already pulled all the panels and inspected like the pictures you sent and there is NO fuel pump under those panels, that is why I was asking for expert advise because I had been told you can access fuel pump without dropping tank. The only place I see something that I believe is the fuel pump is on the passenger side middle row seat under the seat and floorboard area. I'm pretty sure this is the fuel pump it looks exactly like the pictures you have but the only way I see to access it is to drop tank down because it is right against curve of the floor board. I had already inspected the vehicle like the info you sent and is not applicable to this model. I believe the only way to replace the pump on this model is to drop the tank but was hoping not to have to do that so if you have any info that can assist in replacement without dropping tank that is what I'm after.I had a friend who is a Ford mechanic look into panels to see if I was missing something and the vehicle does have the panels like you describe but does NOT have a fuel pump under them and agrees that under passenger side middle row seat is what appears to be fuel pump with lines and wiring going to it but right up against floorboard and no removable panels around it .Is the only way to do this like I have always thought which is to drop fuel tank or do you have any other suggestions?