Mike, volvo Tech
Mike, volvo Tech, Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs volvo technician, Ase A1-A8, L1, A/C certified

1999 Volvo V70 -- error codes P1081 and P1057

I am looking to buy a used Volvo V70 (1999). I brought it to my mechanic as the check engine light is on. He put a diagnostics meter on it and P1081 and P1057 codes came up. He checked his manuals and has no reference to those codes. He called a Volvo dealer and they didn't have the codes either. Any clue where to find the meanings of these codes?
Thank you

the P1081 code is immobilizer communication fault, most likely the antenna ring around the ignition lock, common failure.

the p1057 code doesnt convert to a volvo code. I believe it is a reference to a code being stored in the transmission.

volvo doesnt use "P" codes and I have found alot of times the P codes dont convert to a volvo codes or convert properly.

I would suggest finding someone that has the volvo VIDA or VADIS system to read codes and get the proper codes