Mike, volvo Tech
Mike, volvo Tech, Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs volvo technician, Ase A1-A8, L1, A/C certified

How do I access the fuel filter on my 2004 Volvo S60?

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike, volvo Tech replied 7 years ago.
<p>Customer, the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump assembly in the fuel tank. it is a non serviceable part and you would have to replace the pump assembly to replace the filter.</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you sure? Here is more specific information about my car: 2004 Volvo S60 L5-2.4L VIN 61 B5244S. The Alldata DIY shows an external fuel filter and where I bought the fuel filter at IPD USA lists the following statement: "Changing the fuel filter in modern Volvos is pretty easy due to the use of quick-disconnect fittings. Simply slide the connector collar away from the filter about half an inch and the line will disconnect." However, I do not want to take the wheel off and the wheel well liner if this is not the correct way to access the fuel filter.
Yes I'm sure. If the car does have a filter it would be on the right near the rear wheel. it usually would be very easy to see if your car has one.