Volvo Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Hope the following helps.
PROGRAMMING REMOTE CONTROLS
1. Ensure all doors, hood, and trunk are closed. Turn ignition on and off at least 5 times in 10 seconds. Indicator LED should start to flash. Leave ignition on. Once indicator LED starts flashing, first remote control must be programmed within 15 seconds.
2. Press button on first remote control. Programming is acknowledged by indicator LED lighting for about 2 seconds. Indicator LED will then start flashing for 10 seconds. Program second remote control within 10 seconds while indicator LED is flashing. Turn ignition off. Test remote controls. Up to 3 separate remote controls can be programmed for vehicle.
Temporarily Disable Automatic Alarm Activation
1. Close all doors, trunk/tailgate and hood. Remove ignition key from ignition lock cylinder.
2. Depress the UNLOCK button on remote control for 3 seconds. The car will unlock, after 3 seconds the car will lock and immediately unlock again.
3. Depress the UNLOCK button on remote control within 15 seconds. The alarm is now disconnected (also referred to as valet or garage mode) and does not respond to any input signals.
4. To reconnect alarm, depress the LOCK button on the remote control. Alarm will now function normally.
Temporarily Disable Ultrasound & Level Sensors
This function should be used if leaving pets in the car and wanting to activate anti -theft system or when the car is transported (towed).
2. Depress the LOCK button on remote control for 3 seconds. The car will lock, after 3 seconds the car will lock again and immediately unlock. The ultrasound and level sensors are now disconnected and do not send any input signals to VLGA system.
3. To reconnect ultrasound and level sensors, turn ignition switch to ON position. Alarm will now function normally.
Emergency Starting The Vehicle
This function can be used if remote control is lost and/or the alarm cannot be disarmed using the key.
1. Unlock driver's door using the key. The alarm will go off. Alarm will stop after approximately 25 seconds. Start the car within 10 seconds of alarm stopping.
2. The emergency function can only be used 7 times before the function will be blocked. After function is blocked, alarm can only be deactivated using remote control.