Ryank, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 years working on Volvo,Saab,and VW. ASE Master,Volvo Master.Freon recovery certified.

after being advised my volvo s60 had a engine throttle module

Customer Question

after being advised my volvo s60 had a engine throttle module and software malfunction the dealer cleaned the part and said this would fix the problem. 10 days later the same malfunction occurred and the dealer now says the engine control module and software is faulty and I must replace it to the tune of $2004.00 or trade in the car. it seems to me that both are related problems and if one is under extended warranty they both should be fixed or replaced. In the second occurrance I was nearly rear ended at high speed I am I getting the true story from the dealer or should I look for another car BMW perhaps I dont know if I will trust Vovos again
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ryank replied 8 years ago.

How many miles are on the car? Volvo has a 8 year 80,000 mile on the ECM. Do you know what the codes are? That will help a lot.

Thanks Ryan K

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know the codes, however there are 89,827 miles on the car how are the codes obtained?
Expert:  Ryank replied 8 years ago.

The dealer should of gave you them. They should have been on receipt that they gave you when you picked the car up.If not you can go to auto zone and get them scanned for free.Depending on the codes that you have will determine if the dealer is not diagnosing it right. If you have throttle codes in the car it will be covered.

Thanks Ryan K