FIXITMAN, Master Technician

my volvo v70 xc just started running shakes on idle.the

Customer Question

my volvo v70 xc just started running shakes on idle.the check engine lite is on.when i drive it and step full on the gas,the check engine lite flashes
Category: Volvo
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer how does the engine run when you step on the gas? What year is the vehicle and what size engine does it have?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

it runs just ok when i floor it.the check engine lite flashes when i smoke from the exaust.

the car starts fines but rough idle,shakes.almost like 1 plug is out

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 years ago.
What year is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
its a volvo v70 xc i still have not gotten a strait answer.???
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry if you feel you are getting the run around. Without knowing the year of the vehicle I cannot give you an informed answer.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
its a 2000 v70 xc i still unsmooth when i punch the gas.loss of power and uneven pickup.shakes some at idle.check eng lite is on and flashes on and off when i step on the gas at 35 miles per hour
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 years ago.

Okay. It sounds like you may have a clogged fuel filter. It may also be time for the typicla tune up. The best thing to do first would be to have the computer scanned for codes. This would let us know why the light is on. You can have this done at most autoparts stores for free. Come back here with the codes and we can better zero in on the problem. How many miles are on the vehicle? Do you plan on fixing this yourself?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

auto zone said its code p0303 either cyl # XXXXX misfire,power train control module,

plugs,ign wires,vacume leak,high or low fuel pressure??this is alot of would

i trouble shoot all these problems ?i read about a throttle body recall?could this be the problem ?

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 years ago.
The throttle body would cause more than just a 303 code. This is a misfire on the #3 cylinder. If you have high mileage and have not done a tune up then this is most likely the problem. A typical tune up will cover most of the typical problem parts. As for the possibility of internal engine problems, it is possible, and can be diagnosed with a compression check. It may also just be dirt injectors.