Volvo Tech Bill
Volvo Tech Bill, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 Year Volvo Technician/Expert Rated/Shop Foreman @ Best Volvo of Rochester, NY. ASE 1-8 + L1

2001 Volvo S80: what does the warning mean in the message center..Bulb

2001 Volvo S80
The question is what does the warning mean in the message center on the dash when it says "Bulb failure position light"
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Volvo Tech Bill replied 8 years ago.

Hello, and Thank You for using Just Answer,

Position lights refers to the tail lamp parking light bulbs. One or more of them has likely failed. In each tail lamp, there are 2 parking light bulbs. Make certain to replace bulbs with ones of the same wattage, or it may still show a failure message. By the way, other messages you may see at some point are "brake bulb failure" as well as "dipped beam failure. Dipped beam refers to the low beam headlamps. Also, one things we've gotten into the habit of doing is replacing all 4 tail light park bulbs and both of the brake bulbs.

Let me know what you find, Thanks, Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Volvo Tech Bill's Post: Thank you very much 1 of the bulbs rear parking bulbs is out. I never would have known there was 2 bulbs in each.