landon, Technician
Experience:  volvo quality 3 1/2 yr. experience

How do I replace alternator belt on 1989 volvo 740 turbo wagon

No Comment Added
Category: Volvo
Expert:  landon replied 8 years ago.
remove the compressor belt by loosening the 13mm nut on the front of the bracket. there is also a 13mm nut on the back side of the bracket that is under the compressor. pretty difficult to get to, i recommend a 13mm gear wrench. then turn the 10mm bolt to adjust the tension until you can remove the belt. the same action is taken for the alternator except there is only one 13 mm nut on the front of the bracket, then turn the 10 mm bolt to loosen. when tightening, i recommend tightening until the belt can only be turned about 1/2 way around. tighten til you can barely turn the belt over without too much force. hit me back for any more questions i didnt cover