Volvo Tech Bill
Volvo Tech Bill, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 Year Volvo Technician/Expert Rated/Shop Foreman @ Best Volvo of Rochester, NY. ASE 1-8 + L1
9572928

How do you reset the service light on a 2005 Volvo S80

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 years ago.

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI)

Hint: The lamp can also be reset using VADIS vehicle communication.

The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the vehicle to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 seconds each time the ignition is switched on.

Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):

Ignition position I
Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
Ignition position II.
Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds .

Hold the reset button for the trip odometer pressed in until the original value has been reset
The information lamp lights when the reset button must be released
Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds . The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
If the trip odometer is already reset, the reset button must be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds .
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds , the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It didn't Work Bou a Number appeared in the window 045

Can you rephrase that?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to molurch's Post: It didn't work but a #o45 appeared

Did you get a audible signal ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes

If you recieved the audible signal, try holding the reset button in for 10 - 14 seconds to reset again.
Turn key off for a few seconds & then start car.

Otherwise you may have to have dealer upgrade software:
download the UEM (Upper Electronic Module) with software P/N 30677037

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So I have to go to the dealer
If you have followed & tried the proceedure above, conecting the vehicle to VIDA would be advisable, especially to be sure system has any upgrades
Expert:  Volvo Tech Bill replied 6 years ago.

Hello, and Thank You for using Just Answer,

Molurch is very close with his explanation of resetting the SRL. The main difference is that with the 2005 models, the trip od value won't "reset" to the original value as stated above. Let's try this:

Key position 1

Push and "hold" the trip od reset button

In 1.5 - 2 seconds, turn the ignition to position 2 (keep holding the button)

Keep your eyes on the warning triangle in the center of the dash cluster. It should illuminate part way through the procedure, but more importantly will begin to flash after 10 - 14 seconds of holding the button.

Once the triangle begins to flash, release the button.

Cycle the ignition off, then start the engine to verify the reset.

Let me know how it goes, If possible, give Molurch the Accept, He was very close on this one. Thanks, Bill