How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell A. Your Own Question
Russell A.
Russell A., Camera and Video Technician
Category: Camera and Video
Satisfied Customers: 5017
Experience:  30 years of experience as a TV station technician gives me a unique understanding of technical equipment issues.
24675295
Type Your Camera and Video Question Here...
Russell A. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took my old rebel xsi egos camera apart to clean the

Customer Question

I took my old rebel xsi egos camera apart to clean the shutter button, but when I put it all back together I don't get any power. I re connected every thing my one question is the red and yellow wires. I didn't see how those came out, so iam assuming yellow to yellow plu and red to red plug, but when I try to plug them in I shocked myself.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Camera and Video
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I put it back together so it works
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what red and yellow wires you are asking about.

(- If the battery was in the battery compartment when you tried to re-connect the power wires, you made a mistake, but it would explain why you got a shock when doing so.)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No battery in. When the camera is completely apart in the front there are wires red and yellow. See the photo attached.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

That image helps clarify what is going on and what you are talking about. Thanks for posting it.

Of course those red and yellow plugs are color-coded, quite obviously, so they should go into corresponding plugs of corresponding shape and color.

But how did you get a shock from such completely covered and insulated wires? Unless the flash was charged (which sometimes involves high voltage.)

An Important Caution: Don't grasp wires with both hands at any time! a shock is deadly if it goes through both hands and your body in the process - it can stop the heart muscle that way. Shock one hand only and you're just bothered by it but fine.