Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.
Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.
How long has the battery or batteries in the camera been in-use?
Could you tell me, How old is the camera in question, please?
How long has the battery or batteries currently in the camera been in-use?
OK, thanks for the information. I will need to ask these questions also, if you don't mind:
1- Is there the slightest sign of life when you turn On the power to the camera?
2- Do you have a charger that plugs into the camera, or a charger that the batteries are removed and put into to charge ?