Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

I have been taking care of 2 baby squirrels the female just

Customer Question

I have been taking care of 2 baby gray squirrels the female just died and my male is vomiting i don't know what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the baby eat anything unusual?
Customer: No not that i know of ...
JA: What is the baby's name and age?
Customer: P.J. is my little boy and the girl was Luna they are about 6-7 weeks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about P.J.?
Customer: He's very lithargic
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Has the vet any recommendations for me???
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry for the delay in hearing back from us.

Was Luna treated by your vet? Was she showing the same signs?

Where did they come from?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No she was not seen by our vet, he won't treat wild animals. We did not see any signs leading up to her death. Like I said she seemed to die in her sleep. Concern was the male was showing signs of lathargy and vomiting, was wondering how we could treat him, to avoid him dying to, at home with out a vets care.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 days ago.

I will opt out and see if another Expert can assist you. I would urge you to surrender the remaining squirrel to a licensed wildlife rehabber who can have the animal examined by a vet. At this age, there is unlikely to be anything you can do at home and having already witnessed that Luna passed away it's likely that PJ is going to follow shortly behind without vet care being received.

Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 7 days ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

I am sorry for the delay in someone else getting to you. I too think you need to contact wild life rescue and get the remaining squirrel to them for care to see if the male can be saved. I am so sorry for the loss of the other female squirrel. Losing any pet is hard.