Sheena Christensen
Sheena Christensen,
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Willamette Veterinary Hospital
98941024

About a month ago I had my horse tested for antibodies to

About a month ago I had my horse tested for antibodies to strangles with a blood test - there had been an outbreak at my yard. The test came back positive and therefore my vet suggested an endoscope and guttural pouch wash which was sent away for testing and came back negative. Since then, my horse has been in good form but in the last week has had 2 small nose bleeds from one nostril. They don't last long and I don't know if it's any relation to the endoscope, but should I be concerned?

Hi there, I am Dr. Christensen. After reading your question, I would say that there is a chance this is related to the endoscope, however I would highly recommend that you let the veterinarian that did the procedure know about this. It sounds like the veterinarian is very familiar with what is going on and can advise you about any concerns he/she may have.

I hope that was helpful.