Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

My 1 year old cat (miracle) had two kittens yesterday, they

My 1 year old cat (miracle) had two kittens yesterday , they both died shortly after but she still acts like something is wrong she is just laying in her bed and is leaking a pinkish watery fluid from her bottom.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Miracle
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Miracle?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could she still be in later it's been 24 hours since she had the two kittens or could there be something wrong?

Hi, this is Dr. Sara, I am sorry to hear about the kittens. It is possible she is still in labor, or going back into labor. Cats can be bred by multiple males when they are in heat and because of this, kittens can be born at different times. Is she eating and drinking normally? Will she let you palpate her abdomen to see if you can feel any kittens?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She don't look pregnant nor does she feel like it. She's not eating she is drinking. She won't get up and move around.

The not eating is the concerning part... I wonder if she is developing an infection. Also could have a kitten stuck in the birth canal. Does she seem to be pushing at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No pushing at all.

So the possibilities of what could be going on include a uterine infection, mastitis(infected mammary gland), Kitten(small) stuck in birth canal. Could also be electrolyte imbalances or dehydration. I am not sure if it is possible for you to take her to a 24hr emergency vet but that would be the best. She probably needs an x-ray and bloodwork. If this is not an option, we will do what we can for tonight. Please let me know ASAP

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There's no 24 hr vet I've been calling for three hours every where is closed.

Where are you located?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know what to do! I'm so worried about her.

Let's see what you have at home. We need to keep her hydrated and get some food into her. Also, by chance do you have any antibiotics around the house from a pet or person?

Where are you located?

Are you still there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm still here. I'm in coward South Carolina. I'm looking for antibiotics now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have some augmentin 200/5 ml

It looks like there are 2 emergency hospitals. Palmetto Regional Emergency Hospital and Animal Emergency Hospital of the Strand. I don't know if either of these places are close to you but they both see emergencies. If you can't get there, we'll do our best. The Augmentin, she could have 1ml. Then I would try to get some either wet cat food into her or jars of baby food work good for sick cats too. The Stage 1 meats are the best...like chicken, beef, lamb. I also don't know if you are near a grocery store.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Those are to far away from 1 hr to hr and a half. I have all of what u just said. There's also grocery stores near me. I also have children's pedialyte

Excellent, we'll do our best tonight and then you can get her to her vet in the am. So, 1ml is about 1/4 teaspoon, water will be better than the pedialyte(that may cause diarrhea, then she'll be more dehydrated). And see if you can get a couple jars of baby food. You may need to force feed a little. Also, they seem to like if it's heated a little.. just test the temp with your finger because baby food gets hot really quickly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thank you so very much I will keep you updated.

Please do, good luck with Miracle, I hope all goes well.