Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

His vomiting dhiarea not eating, yoiky, yes, no, gizmo 4,

his vomiting dhiarea not eating
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: yoiky
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the animal eat anything unusual?
Customer: no
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the's name and age?
Customer: gizmo 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about gizmo?
Customer: yeshis puping blood

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Did he get into anything?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Is he lethargic?

5- How much does he weigh?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yesterday 13lbs

1- Did he get into anything?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Is he on any medications?

4- Is he lethargic?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no iam giving him pedilite he drinks but throws up

Friend, if you answer my questions in the order I submit them it will help me keep organize and we can move a lot faster.

1- Any pre existing medical conditions?

2- Is he on any medications?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

I am sorry that Gizmo is not feeling well. When we see blood with diarrhea this is a sign of inflammation in the large intestines. The vomiting is a consequence of whatever is causing the inflammation. This can be caused by many different medical conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination and some testing, I am sorry. But, common causes are dietary indiscretion, ingestion of a foreign body, infections, or even part of a systemic disease, etc. to name a few causes. To determine the exact underlying cause Gizmo will need a hands-on examination by a veterinarian, blood work, and x-rays as an initial screening test. In the meantime, this is what you can do:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or Imodium. Start him on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 10mg 1/4 tablet every 12 hours. You can buy Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy.

2- No food or water for 6-8 hours. Need to give his gastrointestinal tract time to rest.

3- After 6-8 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer a small amount of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day. Keep on this diet for several days then wean into regular diet.

4- Follow up with your family veterinarian for a hands on examination. If cost is a concern I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help

You're welcome. :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter