Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My canary,Barbie,aprox 18 months to 2 yrs,has what looks

My canary,Barbie,aprox 18 months to 2 yrs,has what looks like a fungus on one foot.She lost a toe,looked like that was the end.It is back.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Barbie?
Customer: no

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of her foot to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. While a fungus is possible, canaries are more prone to toe necrosis due to compromise of the circulation due to infections and trauma, as well as hyperkeratosis often associated with Cnemidocoptes infection (scaly face or leg mite).

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
A photo is not possible at this time,thankyou

I understand. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. Regrettably, I need to send you to an avian vet (www.aav.org), then, to have Barbie's foot examined hands-on. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.