Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My 15 pound dachshund just ate a 300 mg gabapentin that our

My 15 pound dachshund just ate a 300 mg gabapentin that our lab spit out. I tried giving the dachshund hydrogen peroxide, but she hasn't thrown up. Should I take her to the emergency vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dachshund will be able to digest that. What is the dachshund's name and age?
Customer: Penny. She is 1 1/2 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Penny?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How much hydrogen peroxide did you give her?

2- How long has it been since she took the Gabapentin?

3- Is the hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm trying to give her some more hp with some food. I think she will have taken about 1/4 cup. She ate the gabapentin about 20 minutes ago. Yes 3%

Friend, if you gave 1/4 of a cup of hydrogen peroxide 3% and she did not vomit do not give her anymore peroxide; she got 59 mls which is significant for a dog have her size. If you give more peroxide there is a risk of her developing hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. The next step is having her seen within the hour by your vet to make her vomit with a medication called apomorphine. So, I would get moving and go to the nearest veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
she has thrown up but no food or pill

What was in the vomit?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter