Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

My lab just ate some cat rat poison. What do I do? Her name

My lab just ate some Tom cat rat poison. What do I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the Tom ate?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** the brand is Tom cat rat poison. I seen her chewing it into pieces and took it away. I had volley out in the barn with me... And didn't know my husband put the rat poison out there
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about volley?
Customer: She's about 7-8 years old yellow lab
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We called the company of the rat poison and they said that my dog would have to eat 2.8 blocks of the rat poison... She didn't eat even a whole block. Do you agree with what the company told us?

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am reviewing your question now. Please give me a few moments to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

I am going to strongly disagree with that company. They should not be giving you veterinary advice. Rat poison is never good. There are a few different ingredients that rat poison companies use. All of them are extremely dangerous to pets. Can you please take your dog into a veterinarian now for treatment? Waiting even a day with some of these poisons can mean the life of your pet. This poison (I believe) can cause neurologic symptoms.

Does this make sense? Are you able to get to a vet ASAP?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My vet is closed... And I've called surrounding area vets and none answered their phone. I've looked up the vet hours on line and they are closed.

where are you located I will help find an emergency clinic?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't given my dog anything to eat or drink since she ate the rat poison

When did she ingest it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wolcott ny
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
About a hour ago

Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Center (24.94 miles)More Info!

*****Rd
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
Rd
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
***-***-****

This is the closest I can find.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok.. Thank you!

Good luck.

If you have a chance I would very much appreciate you rating my assistance to I can continue to improve my services. I hope your pup is alright. If you have any additional or follow up questions please reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you. I am sorry I did not answer for a bit, I am working today and we had a few emergency cases come in.

kindest regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Meghan Denney