Rebecca, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have more than 30 years of veterinary practice experience.
11877925

13 year old male; treated Wed at local vet for impacted

13 year old male; treated Wed at local vet for impacted system. Given an enema. Home Wed. night. Cat ate thurs a.m. had diahrrea . Has not eaten, pooped or peed since Thurs p.m. Not in distress, but quiet and weak
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if Home Wed will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Home Wed?
Customer: Home Wednesday meant cat came home from vet on Wed night. I am concerned about no eating or peeing or pooping in over two days.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat. I am worried as well; not eating for 2 days can cause him to be dehydrated. Is he at least drinking water or fluids?

If he will drink, encourage him to take water, chicken broth, tuna juice, any liquids you can interest him with.

You can check him for dehydration by gently pinching some skin over his shoulders and letting go. If the skin takes more than one second to go back into position, he is dehydrated and in need of supplemental fluids by IV or under his skin injections.

Dehydration can lead to his becoming constipated again, kidneys shutting down (I am worried about that because he is not urinating).

I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response. How is your cat doing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Today is Monday. At your urging, I foud and took Pippi to a 24 hour vet that I was unaware of - right here in our community. He required more xrays to find he was indeed ibowel impacted. Two enemas later and a manual procedure, he is finally clean. I took him home at noon today....very unhappy but seemingly glad to be home. Thank you again for your good advise and calming me. Maggie *********

You are welcome. I hope he is doing better.

Hi Maggie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I visited another vet service that offers 24 hour card and Pippi has been treated there since Sunday and released yesterday. He is doing very well. thank youmaggie

You are welcome; thank you for the update. I am glad to hear he is better.