Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

I have a german shephard mix and starting early this morning

Customer Question

i have a white german shephard mix and starting early this morning she started throwing up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the German shepherd eat anything unusual?
Customer: no but after a couple times of her throwing up she started having blood clots and fresh blood come up with the puke
JA: What is the German shepherd's name and age?
Customer: lola and she is a little over 3 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about lola?
Customer: not really her attitude hasnt changed or anything but she is showing signs of stress and is being very loving at the moment
Category: Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i really dont have alot of funds for a vet visit, but this dog is my bestfriend any help is much appreciated
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is one thing i would like to add
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i bought her a giant candycane raw hide bone from walmart, i was told that they had been recalled and that dogs were dying bc of pesticides found on them, i took the bone and threw it in the trash but from what i read it was affecting dogs very quickly and its been almost two weeks
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How much blood have you seen? A spoonful, cupful, etc?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Any diarrhea?