Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have an overweight small Chihuahua that for the last 2-3

Customer Question

I have an overweight small Chihuahua that for the last 2-3 days yelps if you touch her at all.Tonight when I got home she even yelped trying to get of of her kennel.Her abdomen seems to be what hurts
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the Chihuahua's name?
Customer: Isabelle
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Isabelle?
Customer: She will chew on any plastic she finds. I can't tell if she is hurt or it's something internal. She just sits and shakes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Isabelle. How old is she, please? What appears to be abdominal pain often turns out to be spinal pain.