Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a 15 year old Boston Terrier with a protrusion on the

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old Boston Terrier with a protrusion on the outside of his sphincter and it is not growing but it won't go away. He had another one below it and I was able to clean t out. It wasn't pus but it healed up fine. This one is a little harder to express because he gets irritated with me and bites. It keeps bleeding just enough to get one things. My vet will not touch it, but I can't afford a huge bill for such an old dog who still has some life in him. What can I do? I'm not sensitive, but realistic.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Boston terrier?
Customer: I don't know what else he would need to know. He'll have to ask me a question.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of your Boston's anus to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Perianal adenomas (benign) and adenosarcomas (malignant) make up the bulk of the tumors in that area.