Carole Cocagne
Carole Cocagne, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Swartz Creek Veterinary Hospital
96736229

My little pit puppy front legs are bending bad I woke up one

Customer Question

My little pit bull puppy front legs are bending bad I woke up one day and she was like that and I don't know what to do can u give me any information what's going on ita like she's Bow legit but she's not she was fine one day and I woke up the next day to feed her and she was like that I am really worried about her because I love her so much she is only 3 months old I really need some help please and she is not eating at all she normally eat a lot but she is always happy please help me what I need to do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She doesn't have any wound at all she is just walking funny like joints is messed up bending real bad
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bull?
Customer: No just that problem
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 2 months ago.

Hi I'm Dr. Carole and I'm a small animal veterinarian. This can be common in puppies and believe it or not isn't usually something to worry about. It can happen because of sudden growth spurts and a difference in the growth of the bones and tendons/ligaments in the legs. It is called Carpal Laxity Syndrome. Here is an article on it.

http://www.vin.com/apputil/content/defaultadv1.aspx?pId=11343&meta=Generic&id=5124419

Generally it will get better on its own but it is still suggested to have x rays taken of the legs to rule out any other growth or congenital abnormalities. Just make sure the puppy is getting good exercise on a surface that provides good traction. Also make sure the puppy is eating a good quality food to avoid any nutritional problems. If you have any other questions let me know. If you are satisfied with my response then please provide a rating by clicking on one of the stars. It is the only way I get credit for my response. Thanks