Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

Oh I rang my local Vets for Pets regarding my Yorkie Bella,

Customer Question

Oh Hi ! I rang my local Vets for Pets regarding my Yorkie Bella , she's 3+1/2 yrs old and vomited up some yellow foam AND yellow liquid , then after about 1/2 hr she pooed in my kitchen and this was a fairly soft stool with some liquid . When the vet receptionist rang back she said that the vet had said monitor Bella overnight and give her a bland diet so I boiled some Basmati rice but I've felt her little nose and it's really quite warm and she seems quite lethargic and seems to be licking her lips QUITE A LOT <I've read somewhere that THAT can be a sign of something to do with is it the liver or kidneys > I'm quite concerned but have no transport to take her to the vets . Can you possibly put my mind at rest PLEASE ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: Yes she DOES NOT LIKE having her temperature taken AT ALL , ONE LITTLE BIT ! ! She weighs approx 5.71 kgs and is 3+1/2 yrs old and is my baby . . . She HAS eaten a little of the rice but doesn't seem bothered about the fresh water i put down for her I gave her some by dipping my finger in and trying to coax her but she wouldn't drink any independently . . .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry Bella is not feeling well. I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did she get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

2- How many hours since the last time she vomited?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Can you take her rectal temperature?