Rebecca, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have more than 30 years of veterinary practice experience.
11877925

My dog is 11 has been getting lumps around her body last

Customer Question

my dog is 11 has been getting lumps around her body last night I found another that was sore to the touch. is this servious. she is a service dog I am a senior vet and just lost every thing to a fire have no money I depend on this dog and don't want to lose her can you help me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about these lumps on Jenney. Many lumps on older dogs are not serious; they can be benign cysts, fatty tumors, or adenomas. The only way to tell what any lump is however, is to test them by FNA: fine needle aspiration, using a needle to get cells from the lump to look at under a microscope. You can't tell what a lump is by looking at it or feeling it.

The lumps I worry about are ones that grow quickly, bleed, or bother the dog so the one that is sore to the touch should be checked out.

If you need help with vet bills, this site lists places that might be able to help:

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html?credit=web?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Let me know what other questions I can answer and if this was helpful.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I hope you were able to see my responses; I have not heard from you. Can I answer anything else?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.
Hi David,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jenney. How is everything going?